Located on Amsterdam Avenue between 74th and 75th Streets, The West 74th Street Residence is situated in the heart of New York City’s Upper West Side.
Our neighborhood includes many of New York City’s finest cultural and recreational resources (many of which offer senior discounts), such as
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
- NY Public Library for the Performing Arts
- Walter Reade Theatre and the Film Society of Lincoln Center
- Merkin Concert Hall
- Symphony Space
- American Museum of Natural History and Hayden Planetarium
- Museum of American Folk Art
- NY Historical Society
- Several acclaimed off-Broadway theatres
- Sony Lincoln Square Multiplex and IMAX Theatre
- Central Park
- Riverside Park
- And much more!
For those wishing to attend religious services, there are numerous synagogues and churches of all denominations nearby. The Upper West Side also offers abundant shopping and dining options: world-famous gourmet food stores like Fairway, Zabar’s, Citarella; both chain and boutique clothing stores carrying all styles and fashions; independent and mega-bookstores for browsing; and restaurants offering delicious and diverse cuisine from all over the globe. All of this and more is a short walk, bus or cab ride away.